Spark your curiosity for nature, challenge yourself, meet new people and have FUN!
Youth in Nature
Youth in Nature is a year-long free program open to 10th, 11th and 12th grade students attending Aspen to Parachute schools. The program is a paid experiential learning opportunity that connects students from across the region with new people, places and outdoor professionals.
Subtítulos disponibles en español
About the Program
- Try new things including farming, recreation, conservation and environmental stewardship
- Create meaningful relationships with students from across the region
- Learn from experienced outdoor leaders during a backcountry hut trip, field-based projects and recreational activities
- Discover internship, volunteer and job opportunities in the outdoors
- Receive a $1,500 education award for your participation in the program
- Program is limited to 12 students
2023 - 2024 Program Dates
- Virtual Student/Parent Information Meetings via Zoom
- February 21, 2023 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- April 4, 2023 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Application deadline: April 14, 2023
- Orientation: June 21, 2023
- Wilderness Hut Trip: July 10 - 13, 2023
- Eight Saturday Sessions: September 2023 through May 2024 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
How to Apply
Now accepting applications for the 2023 - 2024 Program Year
Application Deadline: Friday, April 14, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
EARLY SUBMISSIONS ENCOURAGED. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Attend a virtual information session to ask questions and learn more about the program. Two sessions will be offered from 6-7pm on Tuesday, February 21st and Tuesday, April 4th. (Spanish language interpretation will be provided).
Youth in Nature is created in partnership with Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers, Aspen Center for Environmental Studies, The Farm Collaborative, Buddy Program, Aspen Valley Land Trust, and Aspen Skiing Company. It is made possible through generous support from the Jonathan D. and Mark C. Lewis Foundation.